The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about
RiverNorth. If you do not find an answer to a particular question, please contact
Greg Allen of Meybohm Realtors.
- Is the Savannah River navigable?
- When you live at RiverNorth you have the ability to visit the
Georgia\Carolina coast because the Savannah River is navigable and many area residents
travel by boat to Savannah for travel, adventure and recreation.
- Can I build a dock to tether my boat on a riverfront lot?
- Most definitely! Each riverfront lot comes
with a boat dock permit already issued by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineer's
Charleston District. The permit allows for a 12ft x
20ft floating dock connected by a 4ft wide, 60ft long gangway, secured to a 18ft x 18ft
deck or pierhead.
- Which state has jurisdiction over the river on the RiverNorth side of the river?
- South Carolina has jurisdiction over boat owners living at
- What is the price range for homes and lots in RiverNorth?
- Most homes on the river would be in the $200,000 to $750,000 price
range. Lot prices are $49,900
for interior lots, $79,900 for pond view lots and $179,900 for riverfront
- Does RiverNorth operate like many other subdivisions where the
buyer must select their builder from an approved builder list?
- No, while we can provide the names of many area builders from our
years of experience in the area, we allow the buyer to select their
builder, but we must approve the plans for the proposed home.
- Are any of the amenities planned for the subdivision in place, or
are they all conceptual at this point?
- The sidewalk network has been completed that connects all three phases
of land under current development. Residents also have exclusive
access to our 20 foot wide community boat ramp as well as use of two community boat docks.